Follow my rules

03 March 2006

An interesting/unfortunate juxtaposition

Two articles next to each other on The Age's Breaking News section this morning:

Detention manager gets $5.7m payout

Boy sues govt over psychological harm

It's nice to know that you can collude in an operation causing children to attempt suicide - at a cost of $400m to taxpayers ('Oh no, I'm sorry, we've no money left for the poor now') - plus do a generally shoddy job, and receive a generous reward/pay-off for it afterwards.

The lucky country has never seemed luckier...as long as you're not in Immigration detention.

Which, now I think about it, really should have been featured in the new tourism ad campaign. Hmm...that gives me an idea.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 pm GMT+11, Blogger The New Epicurean said...

Hmm. Thanks for letting me know about that. $200 million? Bloody hell.

I feel so much more secure...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home